Модератори:

Сторінки: (2)  # [1] 2  ( Перейти до першого непрочитаного повідомлення ) Нова тема

English tournament

, Английский турнир
Фея кленового сиропа
  Відправлено: Mar 15 2014, 01:15
Мастер флуда
Стать:
Верховний чародій X
Вигляд: --
Група: Користувачі
Користувач №: 30627

user posted image

Dear visitors, guests, flooders and everyone who happened to walk by and pay attention to this marvelous contest!

It’s been a while since we’ve had some action at English forum, so I think it’s time to arrange something that might be interesting to you. I would like to offer all of you to participate in English tournament - in an effort to show your knowledge of English language, to present your gift and creativity to the world, and also to have some fun – after all, one of the main reasons we invest so much time in this place is because we are looking for fun, in my opinion.

Okay, enough with introduction – let’s cut to the chase.

The tournament will consist of four parts:

1. The Activity Challenge. Can also be described as ‘’the flood challenge’’. The goal is pretty easy: you will have 7 days to show how active you can be at the English forum and how actively and productively you are able to communicate here.
Who wins? Whoever has the most quantity of messages for 7 days.

2. The Quiz Challenge. I think it’s self-explanatory: you have to be online for the quiz and answer as many questions correctly as possible. Obviously, the questions will be relevant to English language. But don’t be scared that you have to answer a bunch of ridiculously difficult questions regarding English grammar! They will most likely be general knowledge questions, for example, ‘’Name 3 countries where English is an official language?’’ Or, ‘’Who is the head of United Kingdom?’’
The winner will be rewarded based on the number of correctly answered questions.
The date of the quiz will be chosen later. My plan is to conduct it on Sunday, as long as it does not conflict with participants’ schedules.

3. The Curiosity Challenge. We enjoy listening to some curious facts instead of hearing something boring and monotonous, right? The task will be to find and describe in your words three facts, which you find to be curious and would like to share with others. For example, did you know that the Tower of London used to be a prison a long time ago? How about the fact that it was a zoo for a while as well?...
How many facts you are supposed to prepare? Three.
What should be the length of each fact? Now more than 500 symbols, you don’t really have to elaborate too much.
What will the topic be? An English-speaking country, most likely. Or a certain geographical area.

4. The Historical Challenge. We are supposed to appreciate every remarkable place, aren’t we? The purpose of this challenge will be to present the audience a description of an historical place, that has a connection with history of English language, or (most likely) with an English-speaking country.
Example: description of Tower of London (London, England, United Kingdom); description of the White House (Washington, District of Columbia, USA).
The length of the description: not less than 1000 symbols, not more than 2000 symbols.

We will need to have a voting for the third challenge, same with the forth one. But I hope it won’t take too much time to calculate the results.

What about the prizes? We would like to offer the following prizes to the winners:

1st place - user posted image *Ticket to Europe + 7000 galleons.
2nd place - user posted image *Ticket to Europe + 6000 galleons.
3rd place - user posted image *Ticket to Europe + 5000 galleons.

Keep in mind, everyone will get a prize. Your reward will be based on your performance.

For need to sing up to participate in this contest. Just leave a message in this topic.
You do not need to form a team. It's an individual contest.

We need at least 10 participants. If this is hard to accomplish, 6-7 would be acceptable.

If you have a question, you can ask it in any of official languages that our forum recognizes, however it will be nice if we can communicate in English only.

user posted image

Дорогие посетители, гости, флудеры и все, кто проходил мимо и обратил внимание на этот превосходный конкурс!

Уже давненьно не было действия в Английском подфоруме, поэтому, как мне кажется, пришло время устроить кое-что, что было бы интересно вам. Я бы хотела предложить поучаствовать в Английском турнире - для того чтобы вы смогли показать свое знание английского языка, показать свой дар и свою креативность миру, а также ради развлечения - ведь одна из причин, почему мы инвестируем столько времени в это место, это ради поиска развлечений, на мой взгляд.

Ладно, хватит вступлений - переходим к делу.

Турнир будет состоять из четырех частей:

1. Задание на активность. Также его можно описать как "задача пофлудить". Цель достаточно простая: у вас будет 7 дней, чтобы показать, насколько активными вы можете быть в Английском подфоруме, и как активно и продуктивно вы можете общаться здесь.
Кто выигрывает? Тот, у кого будет больше всего сообщений за 7 дней.

2. Викторина. Мне кажется, название объясняет само себя: вам нужно быть в сети на момент проведения викторины, и ответить правильно на как можно больше вопросов. Очевидно, что вопросы будут связаны с английским языком, и возможно с англоязычными странами. Но не бойтесь, что вам придется отвечать на кучу абсурдно сложных вопросов об английском грамматике! Они больше будут об общеизвестных фактах, к примеру: "Назовите 3 страны, в который английский является официальным языком" или "Кто возглавляет Соединенное Королевство?".
Победитель будет определен в зависимости от количества правильных ответов.
Дата викторины будет выбрана позднее. Я планирую провести ее в воскресение, лишь бы это не противоречило планам участников.

3. Задание на любопытство. Нам нравится узнавать интересные факты вместо того, чтобы слушать нечто скучное и монотонное, не правда ли? Задачей будет найти и описать своими словами три факта, которые вы считаете любопытными и хотели бы поделиться ими с остальными. К примеры, вы знали, что Лондонский Тауэр долгое время назад был тюрьмой? А как на счет того, что он также представлял собой зоопарк?...
Сколько надо подготовить фактов? Три.
Какого объема должен быть каждый из фактов? Не более 500 символов, вам не нужно все уж очень расписывать.
О чем должны быть факты? Скорее всего, об англоязычной стране. Или об определенной географической территории.

4. Историческое задание. Мы должны ценить каждое выдающееся место, не правда ли? Целью этого задания будет презентовать зрителям описание исторического места, которое связано с английским языком, или, что более вероятно, с англоязычной страной.
Пример: описание Лондонского Тауэра (Лондон, Англия, Соединенное Королевство); описание Белого дома (Вашингтон, округ Колумбия, США).
Объем описания: не менее 1000 символов, не более 2000 символов.

Нам нужно будет провести голосование для третьего задания, и для четвертого тоже. Но я надеюсь, что для подсчета результатов не понадобится много времени.

Что на счет призов? Мы бы хотели предложить победителям следующие призы:

1 место - user posted image *Билетик в Европу + 7000 галлеонов
2 место - user posted image *Билетик в Европу + 6000 галлеонов
3 место - user posted image *Билетик в Европу + 5000 галлеонов

Не забывайте, что каждый получит приз. Ваша награда будет зависит от исполнения.

Вам нужно записаться, чтобы принять участие в конкурсе. Просто оставить сообщение с записью в теме.
Формировать команду не нужно. Это индивидуальный конкурс.

Нам нужно хотя бы 10 участников. Если этого сложно добиться, 6-7 человек будет приемлемо.

Если у вас есть вопрос, вы можете задать его на любом из признаваемых форумом языков, но желательно было бы вести обсуждение на английском.

^
Фея кленового сиропа
Відправлено: Apr 5 2014, 03:10
Мастер флуда
Стать:
Верховний чародій X

i  

Okay, I gave up waiting, we have the participants for our tournament:

SmARTy
Guffy
Артемия
Sir Gawain
7.62 мм
Supreme
Jane Shepard

The first assignment would be to participate in the The Activity Challenge. (I like to call it ''The Flood Challenge'').

Your goal: to have as many messages in the English forum as possible. The messages in the ''English club'' and ''Other languages'' do not count.

The time frame: Monday, April 7, 0:01 am (the very first minute of Monday, Kiev time) till Sunday, April 13, 11:59 pm (the very last minute of the week, Kiev time).

Whoever has the most number of messages for the week wins.

If you have a question - please ask in this topic.
If you would like to enroll before the tournament starts - feel free to do so, I will add you as a participant, but once Monday comes - there will be no more chance to participate.

Keep in mind that the second challenge will probably take part on April 20. The date will be confirmed later.

^
Фея кленового сиропа
Відправлено: Apr 7 2014, 00:26
Мастер флуда
Стать:
Верховний чародій X

i  

The reminding letters have been sent out to the participants.

Let the best flooder win!

^
Фея кленового сиропа
Відправлено: Apr 21 2014, 03:20
Мастер флуда
Стать:
Верховний чародій X

i  

Sorry, guys, I got a little bit lost with these holidays...

The results of the first challenge are as follows:

Place

Nickname

Number of messages

7.62 мм
SmARTy
Supreme
Guffy
Артемия
-
Sir Gawain
-
Jane Shepard

Great job, guys! I would like to know this: would you rather receive a small reward (which I was planning to give you for each challenge separately) now, or it's better to reward you by the very end of the tournament?

Let's move to the next challenge. Again, my apologize for now conducting the quiz yesterday...

The Quiz Challenge!

I think it might be difficult to gather all you guys in one topic at the same time, so I would like to change the tour a bit. How about I send you questions via personal mail and give you a certain time to answer them? So, here are the conditions:

1. There will be 15 questions that you will see once you open a personal message.

2. You will have up to 1 hour to answer them. If you went over 1 hour, your points will be divided by 2. If you went over 2 hours, you will get zero points.

3. Who answers first will get the most points (the points will only be used to calculate the places in this challenge). For example, if you are the last one who answered the questions, you will only receive 1 point for each correct answer. If you are the first person who sent your response, you will get 7 points for each correct answer (if all 7 people participate). If the question is answered incorrectly, you get zero points. Who gets the most points by the end, scores the first place, the next one - second place etc.

4. You will have 4 days to open my message and provide me with an answer.

What do you think?
P.S. I'm planning to send out the questions on Wednesday evening, so will have time until Sunday evening to response.

For your convenience, Russin version:

Давайте перейдем к следующей части. Еще раз прошу прощения, что мне не удалось провести викторину вчера...

Викторина!

Я думаю, что будет сложно собрать всех вас в одной теме в одно и то же время, поэтому я бы хотела немного изменить этот тур. Как на счет того, чтобы я отправила вам вопросы по личной почте, и дала определенное время, чтобы ответить? То есть, вот такие вот будут условия:

1. Будет 15 вопросов, которые вы увидите, открыв письмо.

2. У вас будет 1 час, чтобы ответить на них. Если вы потратили больше часа, баллы будет урезаны в два раза. Если вы потратили больше 2 часов, вы не получите баллы.

3. Тот, кто ответит первым, получит больше всего очков (очки будут использованы только для того, чтобы подсчитать места в этом туре). К примеру, если вы ответили последним, вы получите только 1 балл за каждый правильный ответ. Если вы ответили самым первым, то получите 7 очков за каждый правильны ответ (если все 7 человек ответят). Если ответ дан неверный, вы не получаете очки. Тот, кто наберет больше всего очков в конце, занимает первое место, следующий - второе, и так далее.

4. У вас будет 4 дня, чтобы открыть мое письмо и предоставить ответ.

Что думаете?
P.S. Я планирую отправить вопросы вечером в среду - то есть, у вас будет время до конца недели (вечера воскресения), чтобы ответить.

Что думаете?

^
Guffy
Відправлено: Apr 21 2014, 05:09

Ибо мир полый, и я коснулся неба
Стать:
Чародій X
Користувач №: 55331

Цитата (Счастье в пироженках @ Apr 21 2014, 03:20)
I would like to know this: would you rather receive a small reward (which I was planning to give you for each challenge separately) now, or it's better to reward you by the very end of the tournament?

To receive a reward by the end of the tournament is better to me, I guess.)

And I agree with you about the quiz. I can't to play with others guys at one time. Your terms is perfect to me.
^
Supreme
Відправлено: Apr 21 2014, 18:17

Всеведающий
Стать:
Великий маг VII
Користувач №: 41096

Цитата (Счастье в роке @ Apr 21 2014, 05:09)
To receive a reward by the end of the tournament is better to me, I guess.)

I agree.

And about quise - time you've chosen is the best, I think. In this way we'll get results at Monday-Tuesday and that will be great. I have nothing better to suggest.
^
Эпидемия
Відправлено: Apr 21 2014, 22:26

High Inquisitor
Стать:
Верховний чародій X
Вигляд: Animagus Thunderbird
Користувач №: 4141

As for reward - I'm ready to wait till the end.

As for quiz - I agree with you too. And waiting for the questions))
^
Фея кленового сиропа
Відправлено: Apr 27 2014, 04:49
Мастер флуда
Стать:
Верховний чародій X

i  

All right, not everyone replied, but I hope that the new terms are acceptable.

I will give you guys 7 days to open the my mail message and respond to the questions. Again:
Цитата (Счастье в пироженках @ Apr 21 2014, 03:20)
1. There will be 15 questions that you will see once you open a personal message.

2. You will have up to 1 hour to answer them. If you went over 1 hour, your points will be divided by 2. If you went over 2 hours, you will get zero points.

3. Who answers first will get the most points (the points will only be used to calculate the places in this challenge). For example, if you are the last one who answered the questions, you will only receive 1 point for each correct answer. If you are the first person who sent your response, you will get 7 points for each correct answer (if all 7 people participate). If the question is answered incorrectly, you get zero points. Who gets the most points by the end, scores the first place, the next one - second place etc.

I am sending you know a message regarding the terms. The next mail message will contain the actual questions. Once you've opened that mail, the clock start ticking.
Some questions might have multiple answers. For example, if the question is: ''Name two cities of Canada'', I will accept the answer ''Toronto and Ottawa'', and the answer ''Ottawa and Vancouver'', and the answer ''Halifax and Winnipeg''. As long as it's correct.

If you have misspelled a word, a name of answer in general, but I can still read it - it's fine. Unless you spelled ''England'' as ''egnald'' - I will not be able to recognize that name.
It doesn't matter if you wrote the name with a lowercase letter, I will still accept it. ''Australia'' or ''australia'' - I can live with that.

Good luck, guys! If you think there are mistakes in the questions I've chosen, or you have concerns in general - please let me know, we can discuss it here or via personal mail.

^
Фея кленового сиропа
Відправлено: Apr 27 2014, 05:08
Мастер флуда
Стать:
Верховний чародій X

i  

Okay, the questions have been sent.
Needless to say: please don't post questions or answers anywhere, and don't share it with other participants. If I catch someone, that person will be disqualified.
Again, good luck!

^
Фея кленового сиропа
Відправлено: May 3 2014, 04:00
Мастер флуда
Стать:
Верховний чародій X

i  

Whoever hasn't answered the questions - please don't forget. I've sent the reminder.

^
0 Користувачів переглядають дану тему ( Гостей і Прихованих Користувачів)
Користувачів:

Сторінки: (2)  # [1] 2  Нова тема

[ Script Execution time: 0.0778 ]   [ 24 queries used ]   [ GZIP ввімкнено ]   [ Time: 14:12:07, 28 Mar 2024 ]

Рейтинг Ролевых Ресурсов - RPG TOP