Модератори:

Сторінки: (3)  [#] 1 2 3 .  ( Перейти до першого непрочитаного повідомлення ) Нова тема

Halloween

, do you celebrate it?
Відправлено: Oct 24 2013, 05:22
Halloween is less than a week from now and I was wondering, how many people actually celebrate it? By celebrate I don't mean just go to a night club/lounge and get wasted to the electro music, but rather dress up, have a nice party (not necessarily without alcohol), meet up with friends, etc.

What about those, who are abroad now? Do you go trick-or-treating?
Відправлено: Oct 24 2013, 13:10
I celebrate it. With a friends and alcohol and electro music. Actually Halloween is one of my favorite holydays. :)
Відправлено: Oct 25 2013, 06:58
Guffy, do you dress up as anyone?
Відправлено: Oct 25 2013, 09:31
Blackjack and hookers! =loly=
Nah, I celebrate it here, on the magic forum) I'm not confident enough to go out dressed as a ghost, for example, in Mother Russia. But I'm definitely making pumpkin pie this year :skype_sun:
Відправлено: Oct 25 2013, 13:26
Cybil, I am glad to see you here :yn_in_love:

What's the big deal about dressing up as someone? Especially, if it's a home party? Hooligans will not see you, so you'll pretty much be safe, right?)
Pumpkin pie?) Sounds delicious))
Відправлено: Oct 25 2013, 23:34
I have never celebrated Halloween in Ukraine. It`s not really my thing.
But it gonna be my first Halloween this year because I am in US. Although, I am excited, I fingered out that Halloween is extremely scaring for me. :embarrassment:
Besides, mystical decorating things such as bets, witches, spiders, ghosts, here is quite nasty decorating stuff. I`ve seen a bunch of houses with bloody legs around it. Americans set bloody hands, brains, livers from garage all the way down to front door. By the way, most of them have small children. So, this side of the holiday doesn`t appeal to me. -_-

But cutting pumpkin faces was awesome. =crazy=
Відправлено: Oct 26 2013, 12:47
Цитата (Houdini @ Oct 25 2013, 06:58)
do you dress up as anyone?

yep. as psycho killer :D
Додано через 9 хвилин
Цитата (Gypsy J @ Oct 25 2013, 23:34)
But cutting pumpkin faces was awesome.

Did you cut?)
Відправлено: Oct 26 2013, 12:57
don't do Halloween.
but for some reason gonna do it this year. *rofl*
Відправлено: Oct 27 2013, 03:26
Guffy, oh yeah! That was funny! You can reveal your creativity. But, on the other hand, it`s difficult. Pumpkin skin is thick and hard to carve on it.
Відправлено: Oct 27 2013, 06:07
Цитата (Guffy @ Oct 26 2013, 12:47)
yep. as psycho killer :D

Dexter? :skype_rolleyes:

dovelet, what are you gonna do for Halloween?

Gypsy J, what did you carve?
Відправлено: Oct 27 2013, 16:15
Gypsy J, show the picture))
Цитата (Houdini @ Oct 27 2013, 06:07)
Dexter?

no)
Відправлено: Oct 27 2013, 20:22
Houdini, If you tell me how I can upload picture, I will show you)))
Відправлено: Oct 27 2013, 21:37
Gypsy J, here, use this: http://radikal.cc/ site.
Hopefully, it's pretty straightforward ;)
Відправлено: Oct 27 2013, 22:00
Цитата (Houdini @ Oct 25 2013, 13:26)
Cybil, I am glad to see you here :yn_in_love:

What's the big deal about dressing up as someone? Especially, if it's a home party? Hooligans will not see you, so you'll pretty much be safe, right?)
Pumpkin pie?) Sounds delicious))

Thanks =girl_blush=

Um, well, my granny is too... chistian, so she won't tolerate any costume except an angel :lol: Today I've seen so much cosplayers, that I've decided to dress up as Harley from Arkham Asylum. The problem is still my gran: black and read leather pants are too hardcore for her =smile_cry= Gotta hide and make a costume secretly)

update: Tony, welcome, AVA expo)
Відправлено: Oct 28 2013, 00:30
Cybil Bones, Say her that costume banishes the demons ;)
Відправлено: Oct 28 2013, 03:07
Цитата (Houdini @ Oct 27 2013, 06:07)
ovelet, what are you gonna do for Halloween?

the usual stuff, I guess: play with toilet paper, eat scary food and laugh at dozens of strange-looking costumes.)

Додано через хвилину
oh! and carve pumpkins of course!
Відправлено: Oct 28 2013, 06:19
Цитата (Guffy @ Oct 28 2013, 00:30)
Cybil Bones, Say her that costume banishes the demons ;)

She'll use holy water =lolbuagaga=
Відправлено: Oct 28 2013, 13:47
Цитата (Cybil Bones @ Oct 28 2013, 06:19)
She'll use holy water

nice:lol:
Відправлено: Oct 30 2013, 00:41
Houdini, thanks!

Here you go ^_^
user posted image
Відправлено: Oct 30 2013, 01:18
Gypsy J, wow!! nice! I like))
Відправлено: Oct 30 2013, 20:34
Gypsy J, you did an amazing job! I always fail at carving pumpkins =smile_cry=
Відправлено: Oct 30 2013, 20:50
Guffy, thanks a lot)))))
Додано через хвилину
Cybil Bones, did you do that for this year Halloween?
Thanks)))
Відправлено: Oct 31 2013, 04:52
Злюка Войевна, yup, I used to go to school which specialized in English, so we celebrated Halloween and catholic Christmas. I still don't know why) We had pretty much fun making costumes and getting extra sweets for these holidays. And we had a pumpkin carving contest for halloween, it took me two or three times to understand that I'm not a pumpking sculptor and the best I can do is to give up spoiling vegetables))
Відправлено: Oct 31 2013, 14:35
Cybil Bones, haha, me too :D I'll never be able to do right it :D
Відправлено: Oct 31 2013, 16:06
Hello I am new here. Halloween

Halloween is a festival that takes place on October 31. In the United States children wear costumes and masks and go trick-or-treating. Many of them carve jack-o'-lantens out of pumpkins. Fortunetelling and storytelling about ghosts and witches are popular activities.

Halloween developed from new year festivals and festivals of the dead. Christian church established a festival on November 1 called All Saints' Day so that people could continue to celebrate their festivals.

The Mass said on All Saints' Day was called Allhallowmass. The day before All Saints' Day was known all hallows' Eve or All Hallow e'en.

The main Halloween activity for children is trick-or-treating. Children dress in costumes and masks and go from door to door saying "trick or treat". The neighbours give children such treats as candy, fruit and pennies so that children do not play tricks on them.

Jack-o'-lanterns are hallowed-out pumpkins with face carved into one side. Most jack-o'-lanterns contain a candle inside. An Irish legend says that jack-o'-lanterns are named after the man called Jack.

He could not enter heaven because he was a miser, and he could not enter hell because he had played jokes on devil. As a result, Jack has to walk on the earth with his lantern until Judgment Day.

Fortunetelling is an important part of Halloween. For example, a coin, a ring, and a thimble were baked into a cake. It was believed that the person who found the coin would become wealthy. The one who found the ring would marry soon. And the person who found the thimble would never get married. Today people practice cardreading or palmistry.

People once believed that there were many ghosts and witches on the Earth and that they met on October 31 to worship the devil. Today, people do not believe in ghosts and witches but they like to tell stories about them on Halloween. this is a very joyful holiday
Відправлено: Nov 2 2013, 19:49
Cybil Bones, hahah
did you celebrate it this year?
Відправлено: Dec 27 2015, 17:18
sometimes in school
Відправлено: May 20 2016, 15:21
I don't celebrate Halloween but I know quite a lot of information about it.
Відправлено: May 28 2016, 04:12
Nancy Black, if you were celebrating Halloween, what kind of clothes would you wear?
0 Користувачів переглядають дану тему ( Гостей і Прихованих Користувачів)
Користувачів:

Сторінки: (3)  [#] 1 2 3 . Нова тема

[ Script Execution time: 0.0829 ]   [ 39 queries used ]   [ GZIP ввімкнено ]   [ Time: 17:43:06, 26 Apr 2024 ]

Рейтинг Ролевых Ресурсов - RPG TOP