Модератори:

Сторінки: (89)  % « Перша ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... Остання » ( Перейти до першого непрочитаного повідомлення ) Нова тема

Let's talk

, in English!
Фея кленового сиропа
Відправлено: Feb 2 2018, 01:01

Мастер флуда
Стать:
Верховний чародій X
Вигляд: Animagus Thunderbird
Група: Користувачі
Користувач №: 30627

Speaking about cats and pets in general. I can't get any, since I live with my family and my mom can't stand animals. But recently she told me she might agree if I foster a pet... Do you know how it works?

Fostering a pet is when you keep a pet for a short period of time, typically before it finds a new home. For example, you can keep a cat for 6 months, before someone adopts it from a pet shelter. But instead of keeping a pet in a shelter, someone keeps it at home. It might be because the pet needs special care, or because the shelter doesn't have enough space.

It's similar to fostering a child, although you can't really compare the two. When you foster a child, you keep it until he or she turns 18, which is when they can go live on their own. When you foster a kid, the government pays you a certain amount of money every month, plus provides help and resources for both you and a child. It's different with pets, obviously - no one is going to pay me, I have to take care of the pet. =)
^
dovelet
Відправлено: Feb 3 2018, 03:54

зельевар
Великий чародій IV
Вигляд: --
Користувач №: 72423

Пэйджик, your mom can't stand pets but doesn't mind you keeping one for a while? Interesting. Does she want to get used to the idea or does she want you to be happy (at least for a little)?
^
Guffy
Відправлено: Feb 3 2018, 12:34

Ибо мир полый, и я коснулся неба
Стать:
Чародій X
Користувач №: 55331

Пэйджик, I think keeping an animal for a while is a little bit crule, don't you think? Especially if you try to foster a dog...
^
Guffy
Відправлено: Feb 5 2018, 07:42

Ибо мир полый, и я коснулся неба
Стать:
Чародій X
Користувач №: 55331

Hey guys. How was your weekends?
^
dovelet
Відправлено: Feb 6 2018, 06:41

зельевар
Великий чародій IV

Guffy, nothing much. Went to the doctor on Saturday and had guests on Sunday.
What a out you? Anything good?
^
Фея кленового сиропа
Відправлено: Feb 9 2018, 01:53

Мастер флуда
Стать:
Верховний чародій X

Цитата (dovelet @ Feb 3 2018, 03:54)
Пэйджик, your mom can't stand pets but doesn't mind you keeping one for a while? Interesting. Does she want to get used to the idea or does she want you to be happy (at least for a little)?

I think she wants me to be happy. But this entire idea is pretty controversial, because I will get emotionally attached to the pet and I'd have to let it go eventually... That will make me feel quite depressed once the pup is taken away.
Also, my mom is kind of ready to struggle for a few weeks, so that I could have a pet. But she secretly hopes that I get tired of taking care of the foster dog and stop talking about getting a full-time pet. =)
Цитата (Guffy @ Feb 3 2018, 12:34)
Пэйджик, I think keeping an animal for a while is a little bit crule, don't you think? Especially if you try to foster a dog...

It is, in a way... The dog gets used to you and then has to go elsewhere, which is a big shock for it.
It's also a shock for me. =)
^
dovelet
Відправлено: Feb 19 2018, 12:49

зельевар
Великий чародій IV

Soooo
Our chat has died out again. Let us try a new topic. Recent events at the diaries... and no, we won't be touching THAT can of worms. I just want to ask: what do you do (or not) to try to live longer? Or do you even want?
^
Фея кленового сиропа
Відправлено: Mar 1 2018, 00:04

Мастер флуда
Стать:
Верховний чародій X

dovelet, I try to have a healthy lifestyle, which includes consuming a lot of vitamins. I also try my best to exercise, and sometimes I succeed in it, but sometimes I fail. =)) I also care about my mental health: I meditate, I have stress-reduction techniques... I'm trying to put myself on a sleep schedule, which means I attempt not to oversleep, but I'd like to get at least 8-9 hours every day.

What about you?
^
dovelet
Відправлено: Mar 1 2018, 05:55

зельевар
Великий чародій IV

Пэйджик, I'm not a great believer of vitamins. Have been taking them a lot this year though. I never smoked and my alcoholic adventures are pretty mild. :D I do sports (swimming) but that is pretty much it. Morning exercises is not my cup of tea. Or gyms, or diets. Sleeping is important, for many years I had a strict schedule (thanks to my parents) but an "adult life" changed that.
Do vitamins do any good? And does meditation help?
^
Фея кленового сиропа
Відправлено: Mar 7 2018, 19:50

Мастер флуда
Стать:
Верховний чародій X

dovelet, I think swimming is better than going to the gym in some ways... Especially if you like it.

I feel like "adult life" messed up the sleep schedule for a lot of people. =lol=

I feel like vitamins give me a little bit more energy, plus they make my hair and nails stronger... Which may or may not be the result of me eating cheese.
^
0 Користувачів переглядають дану тему ( Гостей і Прихованих Користувачів)
Користувачів:

Сторінки: (89)  % « Перша ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... Остання » Нова тема

[ Script Execution time: 0.0950 ]   [ 24 queries used ]   [ GZIP ввімкнено ]   [ Time: 18:32:41, 28 Apr 2024 ]

Рейтинг Ролевых Ресурсов - RPG TOP