из каждого кратера доносятся стоны
Стать:
Великий маг III
Вигляд: --
Група: Користувачі
Користувач №: 45409

i  

Origin of the Limericks

How old are Limericks and where did the limerick originate. Why are there so many Irish Limericks? What is the connection with Ireland? Limericks originated as far back as the 14th century and were extremely popular in both England and Ireland. A limerick is a poem and form of poetry which rhymes. They are simple and short and easy for even kids and children to write or compose.

English and Irish Limericks

The term Limerick originates in Ireland - its name is taken from the Irish County of Limerick in Ireland. The Irish are well known for their love of poems and poetry and the Irish Bards played an important part in Irish history. Stories of people and valiant deeds were repeated to hundreds of people using poems and poetry which were passed on from one Irish Bard to the next by word of mouth. The tradition and origins of different types of poems and poetry therefore date back to the time when the majority of people were unable to read or write. The simplicity of the limerick made them easy to write and easy to remember which has led to their popularity in both the English and Irish culture. Limericks were often composed in taverns, bars and pubs in both England and Ireland - which explains why some limericks are rude, dirty or bawdy in nature! The people who composed this type of poem and poetry were often drunk!

What do u think about competition? Some people write limericks and than you will vote, ha?

^
Артемия
Відправлено: Mar 1 2013, 09:51

ЗлоАрть (с) Шеда
Стать:
Великий чарівник X
Вигляд: --
Користувач №: 42374

Let me try...
^
Фея кленового сиропа
Відправлено: Mar 2 2013, 02:31

Мастер флуда
Стать:
Верховний чародій X
Вигляд: Animagus Thunderbird
Користувач №: 30627

THe idea seems to be interesting. I would try to write a limerick, but I'm pretty sure it'd take at least a week or more than that. Hopefully the assignment would not be extremely difficult or extraordinary.
^
0 Користувачів переглядають дану тему ( Гостей і Прихованих Користувачів)
Користувачів:

Нова тема

[ Script Execution time: 0.1300 ]   [ 17 queries used ]   [ GZIP ввімкнено ]   [ Time: 15:41:43, 26 Apr 2024 ]

Рейтинг Ролевых Ресурсов - RPG TOP