Модератори:

Сторінки: (15)  [#] 1 2 3 ... Остання ».  ( Перейти до першого непрочитаного повідомлення ) Нова тема

What is your profession?

, at least future one.
Відправлено: Jan 5 2008, 19:26
financier.
Відправлено: Jan 5 2008, 20:05
Charter Accountant :D
Currently studying Accounting Grade 12.
Відправлено: Jan 5 2008, 20:31
Цитата (Nill @ Jan 5 2008, 20:05)
Charter Accountant :D
Currently studying Accounting Grade 12.

Yeah... Your future job is supposed to be even @funnier@ than mine.. Gosh, - Software Marketing Management.. I can hardly spell it!! :D
Відправлено: Jan 5 2008, 20:34
Lovenkrantz, Wow, are you in university?
Marketing is sort of fun.. :P
I'm studying it right now)
Відправлено: Jan 5 2008, 20:47
Цитата (Nill @ Jan 5 2008, 20:34)
Lovenkrantz, Wow, are you in university?

Not really. My Univercity life gonna begin somewhen near July. I gonna become "Dorm Stud", huh? :D
Цитата (Nill @ Jan 5 2008, 20:34)
Marketing is sort of fun..

Poor thing... are you desperately NUTS??? :D How can THAT be funny?? ))
Відправлено: Jan 6 2008, 05:56
Цитата
Not really. My Univercity life gonna begin somewhen near July. I gonna become "Dorm Stud", huh? :D

So you're in Grade 12?)

Цитата
Poor thing... are you desperately NUTS??? :D How can THAT be funny?? ))

It IS fun! It's so much fun that I usually sleep during classes :D
Відправлено: Jan 6 2008, 06:30
I work as the journalist. Creative and interesting work.
Відправлено: Jan 9 2008, 18:57
hah... that was pretty difficult to decide what I`m gonna be. but I guess nothing`s gonna change, so my profession, at least - grade will be connected with economics.

Juventa, what do U wtite about?)) gossip column, maybe? politics?)
Відправлено: Jan 19 2008, 20:25
Цитата (Nill @ Jan 6 2008, 05:56)
It IS fun! It's so much fun that I usually sleep during classes :D

Gosh! You're snoring and drooling? Now tht's what i call "fun"... :D
Відправлено: Jan 19 2008, 20:35
I'm gonna be a Writer... with a capital W!!! Just kidding, i realize that's it's really childish and naive to assume that life is gonna be easy if i become a writer... but i would love to do smth related to arts; can't live witohout creativity ^_^
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 22 2008, 19:48
I want to be a lawyer. But I can choose another job, of course)
Відправлено: Jan 22 2008, 19:56
It is complex to tell. I wish to be either the translator, or the teacher of history.
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 22 2008, 20:00
Safira, Really? Do you like children? I think, that the teachers have a lot of problems...
Відправлено: Jan 22 2008, 20:08
Juminnen,
Well, there is no such trade which would not have problems. It is the same work as well as all the others-thankless
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 22 2008, 20:10
Safira, if you want to be a teacher, I am glad for you. In fact now there are little actually capable and talented people... For this.
Відправлено: Jan 22 2008, 20:14
Juminnen,
Thanks. But has put at all in children, and in history. Besides I always wished to teach in HIGH SCHOOL, instead of at school
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 22 2008, 20:27
Safira, I badly understand herein. That better, that worse...
Відправлено: Jan 22 2008, 20:37
Juminnen,
I think, that everyone chooses the way itself. And if to me will once bother to be the teacher of history I shall work as the translator and on the contrary)
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 16:38
Safira,
You`re lucky. You have a few variants. I have a variant even if, only one.
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 16:42
Juminnen,
All depends on itself. If you would want, and you would have "emergency exit" =)
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 16:46
I think that is necessary to be not only wanted. Know, maybe.
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 16:49
Juminnen,
The main thing the nobility that you want, and the second formation it is possible to receive and спусть twenty years. =)
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 16:55
Safira, Second education is good, but it is necessary to know, as whom to study... But, I think that after twenty years, getting the second education will not want.
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 16:59
Juminnen,
Looking how to look. Well, and as a whole, it is necessary to choose for itself: you the expert of one or wide structure? In fact, for everyone the
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 17:04
Safira, There is another variant: stupid girl, fool... Probably, he does not suit me, but who knows that it is possible to think of my progress. I agree, that for each "it".
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 17:15
Juminnen,
You know why I am ready to shoot you? Because you are too self-critical. These phrases, type: " the silly girl, a silly woman.. " Me simply deduce from itself. When you will already raise own self-estimation?
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 17:19
Safira, Do I estimate itself so? I estimate itself properly to the normal girl. I talk about the ideas of other people which I am not very much loved.
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 17:24
Juminnen,
You know, that turns out as a result: our life-is our life. And only we have the right to dispose with it how we consider it necessary, and on opinion of the others should be spit from a high belltower =)
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 17:30
Safira, I agree with you, because it was necessary to spit on opinion other even on this forum. On this forum even more frequent there was it to do. But all the same stranger opinion sometimes influences on a man. And not only morally.
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 17:40
Juminnen,
It seems to me, and I even am assured, that we are on forum-to have a rest. If you have a rest and thus arrange any disassemblies with someone, that in what somewhere dispatch opinions it is a sadism. ^^
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 17:46
Safira,
Sometimes some people simply want to differ and begin to talk pleasant things not very much. If you sit for the sake of bad, it is named, on my opinion, by masochism... Maybe.
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 18:02
Juminnen,
The main thing to achieve what you want. You wish to swear-so and to be, swear and if simply to communicate without a pressure communicate. In fact nothing stirs and does not stop)
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 18:05
Safira,
Well how little, that is. Although, I agree with you.
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 18:12
Juminnen,
Well here we also have found the compromise. And this main thing!
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 18:16
Safira,
Finding a compromise is possible always, as well as exit. On that score I argue long... So all the same we talked about professions. Question on the topic: Do you want to become known? It seems to me, than it enough stumper.
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 18:34
Juminnen,
Known?
Oh, it is known attracts to itself, as fire of a moth. Certainly it would be desirable also glory and money and the admirer, etc. But there are two "but":
1) If you famous also are well-known, can make nothing freely. You should be responsible for the acts, that then as last pig to not complain of journalists or photographes. Therefore if not you do not want, that about you wrote in a yellow press any bosh do not make it.
2) at well-known there is always an authority. Authority above own managers, security guards, drivers, admirers, etc. And as it is known-authority spoils people in much-a lot of times more than money. Therefore somehow it would not be desirable to become such creature these two reasons push away me from desire to become the celebrated personality though I shall fairly tell, that I would not refuse)
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 18:59
Цитата (Safira @ Jan 23 2008, 18:34)
Juminnen,
Known?
Oh, it is known attracts to itself, as fire of a moth. Certainly it would be desirable also glory and money and the admirer, etc. But there are two "but":
1) If you famous also are well-known, can make nothing freely. You should be responsible for the acts, that then as last pig to not complain of journalists or photographes. Therefore if not you do not want, that about you wrote in a yellow press any bosh do not make it.
2) at well-known there is always an authority. Authority above own managers, security guards, drivers, admirers, etc. And as it is known-authority spoils people in much-a lot of times more than money. Therefore somehow it would not be desirable to become such creature these two reasons push away me from desire to become the celebrated personality though I shall fairly tell, that I would not refuse)

I did not have problems with this question only because I knew that however will become famous. Even if will want.
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 19:15
Juminnen,
Yeah...... a question not easy...
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 19:17
Safira, I agree... But all depends on a man and his character...
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 19:21
Juminnen,
In a point. All should not be forgotten, that glory, money, riches, etc. this all changeable...
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 19:24
Цитата (Safira @ Jan 23 2008, 19:21)
Juminnen,
In a point. All should not be forgotten, that glory, money, riches, etc. this all changeable...

More precisely, it all proceeds not eternal. In the past famous people now can be nobody... And herein all of business, on my opinion.
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 19:35
Juminnen,
Yes, now all goes on practical calculation, rather than on on more actual. Hard, anything it is impossible to tell... XXI century...
Cap
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 19:38
Цитата (Safira @ Jan 23 2008, 19:35)
Juminnen,
Yes, now all goes on practical calculation, rather than on on more actual. Hard, anything it is impossible to tell... XXI century...

A great deal changed. Old people, for example, in general do not know in modern the world old. My parents do not almost know even.
Відправлено: Jan 23 2008, 19:55
Juminnen,
And that you want? We live in XXI century, a century full computeresation. Such impression, that ourselves we shall soon not understand what to be created around.
Відправлено: Feb 6 2008, 11:41
Hey folks, did anyone here cared about the job of doctor?? Thre reason i ask is - what exactly can make one deal with others' pain all the time??
Відправлено: Feb 6 2008, 16:55
well, i thought about that)) but.. i found out that i can`t stand someone`s blood, it`s view makes me... even fall down))) but i have done some steps in curing people, and i do hope i`m gonna continue. cuz since being a child i`ve dreamt about helping people
Відправлено: Feb 7 2008, 10:51
Yeah... to become adoctor, i believe, one should be totally numb to others' pain and suffering. Otherwise - u can't go thru... IMHO
Відправлено: Feb 7 2008, 12:23
oh... also i`ve always dreamed to be an English teacher. I`d make my students fall in love with this language, know it perfectly, get them acquianted with the masterpieces of american and english literature, organise trips to Europe and even USA, to practise language, see the world and have loads of fun!!! but it`s the kind of dreams which will never come true ;(
Відправлено: Mar 15 2008, 12:09
Цитата (desertrose @ Feb 7 2008, 12:23)
oh... also i`ve always dreamed to be an English teacher

I don't believe my ears!! I mean - eyes... Little Mary wants to become a teacher??? Yay!!! Stop her - save the children!!!! :D
I`d make my students fall in love with this language,

Aha.. U'd rather make them fall in love with YOU, no doubt...))
but it`s the kind of dreams which will never come true

Don't you dare to say this!! Take care of your dreams! And who knows - what you gonna go through...))
Відправлено: Mar 15 2008, 14:39
Цитата (Lovenkrantz @ Mar 15 2008, 12:09)
I don't believe my ears!! I mean - eyes... Little Mary wants to become a teacher??? Yay!!! Stop her - save the children!!!! :D

hey, sweety, don`t laugh at me!!! don`t say that about my blue dream... i`m not that bad in teaching, i`ve got rather good social skills.. and! moreover, those children, which i taught in October( on the Teacher`s Day in our school all the 11 and 10-formers become a teachers, I was the teacher of English in primary school, especcially - 2nd forms), come to me often even now and ask: "Mary. whan are you gonna come to us as a teacher again??". Soo... I guess if I studied in a teaching university, i wouldn`t be that bad teacher as you imagine!..
Aha.. U'd rather make them fall in love with YOU, no doubt...))

Nah... I never make people fall in love with me, and I`d definitely tried to avoid such situation if I were a teacher. But! I`d be very pleased if my pupils not only respected me, but also loved)))
Don't you dare to say this!! Take care of your dreams! And who knows - what you gonna go through...))

I wish it was true.. Well, one my childish dream came true, although I considered her to be absolutely unreal, even - not only one..) But this one, I guess, will stay a dream.
Відправлено: Mar 16 2008, 12:17
Well I'm a teacher of foreign languages now and I do it, cause I really like to give knowledge to young children. I wish to make it my job, but I wont because I want to get not only pleasure, but also money.
So I study law and my future work will be connected with it.
Відправлено: Mar 17 2008, 07:59
Цитата (Багира де Моник @ Mar 16 2008, 12:17)
So I study law and my future work will be connected with it.

Yeah... and you will get bunch of money, but obviously - no joy at all... poor girl)))
Відправлено: Mar 17 2008, 18:08
Darling, disagree - I'm fond of debating, and when looking for contradictions in law system I became kind of nit-picker :)
Bthw - commercial law is very interesting, specially in world aspect. So hope I'll get not only money, but also enjoyment. Аnd if not - bananas can always help :D
Відправлено: Mar 17 2008, 21:13
you know, 4 5 years I was obsessed with idea about studying law!)))) but then changed my mind. It`s really interesting thing, coz i adore debating too))) and I can be rather convincing, which is necessary 4 a lawyer, buuut..))
Відправлено: Mar 18 2008, 09:50
Багира де Моник, I mean, this type of job means being tolerant towards dishonesty, as a rule... but - we are all formating our attitude))
Цитата (Багира де Моник @ Mar 17 2008, 18:08)
Аnd if not - bananas can always help :D

:D :D :D Stop it! Don't you dare to clear it up!!!! :D
Відправлено: Apr 12 2008, 06:04
I don`t work. I study. But I want to be journalist.
Відправлено: Apr 12 2008, 16:56
In my future i'll be a doctor
She
Відправлено: Apr 13 2008, 13:33
the future one..teacher or translator/interpreter
Відправлено: Apr 14 2008, 07:00
Цитата (Marsik @ Apr 12 2008, 16:56)
In my future i'll be a doctor

Are you sure? You don't seem to be in posession of the features that are kind of important in this area... ;)
Відправлено: Jul 4 2012, 14:09
cardiac surgeon
Відправлено: Oct 25 2012, 15:42
When I'll grow up, I'll be a metrologist. =happy_girl= But now I'm just middle manager .
Відправлено: Nov 5 2012, 21:14
linguist (i learn languages).

its interesting for me.
Відправлено: Nov 14 2012, 15:17
I'm a free artist. And that's it.)
Відправлено: Nov 14 2012, 19:26
I'll be... "Free cash-desk!"
Відправлено: Nov 20 2012, 20:06
I am a pupil :DDD
Відправлено: Nov 27 2012, 22:00
I'm the student, work as web-disigner and translater. Hope to build a career at university.
Відправлено: Nov 30 2012, 16:20
Цитата (Элен Фишер @ Nov 27 2012, 22:00)
I'm the student, work as web-disigner and translater. Hope to build a career at university.

You better oughta give special priority to coding. Looks like you d not star in languages.
By the way, my name's Bond. Jam... oh! Sorry.
Відправлено: Jan 5 2013, 21:06
Jazzfected, really? Strange to hear it) For what am I paid all that money?)
I think Bond didn't make any conclusions from one post, not knowing the circumstances under which it was written.)
With love, your Sherlock.
Note: Helen, please, do not write anything in a condition of alcoholic intoxication. Especially gifted can try to judge.
Відправлено: Jul 24 2013, 12:54
Extreme Tourism trainee
Відправлено: Jul 24 2013, 14:25
I hope ,that i will be an architect)
Відправлено: Jul 24 2013, 14:27
Lawyer :tribuna:
Відправлено: Jul 27 2013, 20:34
Цитата (Hishnik @ Jul 24 2013, 14:25)
I hope ,that i will be an architect)

it's veeeeery cool. I wish I could enter this faculty
Відправлено: Nov 24 2014, 21:20
Primary school teacher
Відправлено: Nov 25 2014, 01:48
Цитата (Пэйджик @ Nov 14 2012, 15:17)
I'm a free artist. And that's it.)

Nothing has changed. =crazyperson=
Відправлено: Nov 25 2014, 07:20
My patent hints a'm a geographer-geopolitics, but really i'm a free artist too %)
Відправлено: Nov 25 2014, 18:23
Anorexia Nervosa, geographer-geopolitics - is there anything exciting about it? I once gave up the idea of becoming a geologist.
Відправлено: Nov 25 2014, 19:09
Пэйджик, attraction of geography — knowing everything but nothing. For me it's exciting, but it's mostly useless at all...
I prefer social geography, physical geography/geology are a bit boring for me))
Відправлено: Nov 25 2014, 20:23
I agree. Can you imagine what kind of profession or at least a permanent job is possible to get in this field?
Відправлено: Nov 25 2014, 20:57
Пэйджик, ideally -president/government advisor , but in reality - school teacher or lecturer... But i really afraid of schoolchildren %)
Відправлено: Nov 25 2014, 21:40
What about students at colleges and universities?
Відправлено: Nov 26 2014, 07:41
They're a little less scary %) But however, i afraid of masses of human.
I think, you need to work at school at first and then, maybe, you should be taken as university lecturer
Відправлено: Nov 26 2014, 20:29
Цитата (Anorexia Nervosa @ Nov 26 2014, 07:41)
i afraid of masses of human.

How did you manage to go to school. university and work? And what about the army that has a lot of people inside?)
Відправлено: Nov 26 2014, 21:23
Пэйджик, unfortunately i can't remember any English aphorism about that, but, fairly, it was veeery difficult. Especially in army. University... almost didn't attend lectures. School... barely %)
Відправлено: Nov 27 2014, 20:23
Is it on a subconscious level or is it some kind of medical condition? You know, there is agoraphobia, when the person is afraid of open spaces...
Відправлено: Nov 27 2014, 21:25
It may be sociopathy, but easy step of. Honestly i don't like to classify such troubles.
Open spaces are okay, but there were dreams in my childhood, in which i've been afraid of them very much
Відправлено: Dec 7 2014, 04:19
I think that's pretty normal, as long as you are okay with this. It doesn't hurt you, right?
Відправлено: Dec 25 2014, 13:40
Me profession...
I think me profession.... Music, all time music music music... Notes... Realy...
Відправлено: Dec 26 2014, 22:08
Godric Taylor, are you a musician? Compositor? Singer?
Відправлено: Jan 28 2015, 17:52
Цитата (Эльджик @ Dec 7 2014, 04:19)
I think that's pretty normal, as long as you are okay with this. It doesn't hurt you, right?

I absolutely agree with first sentence.
Hurt... It's a rhetorical question, i think. Directly no, but i think it disturbs me to be much better i am.
Відправлено: Feb 4 2015, 18:25
Programer
Відправлено: Aug 18 2015, 21:55
Цитата (Lietome @ Feb 4 2015, 18:25)
Programer

In normal world it's called developer.

Backend developer here.
Відправлено: Aug 23 2015, 01:59
Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Aug 18 2015, 21:55)
Backend developer here.

Can you tell us more about what you do these days?)
Відправлено: Aug 26 2015, 20:07
Цитата (закохана в Грифіндор @ Aug 23 2015, 01:59)
Can you tell us more about what you do these days?)

Amm. Developing the backend, mostly? It's typing the code and checking Stackowerflow. Not so much to tell for normal people.
Відправлено: Aug 30 2015, 11:22
well it's like a scientist plus a normal office worker using languages and math, sounds strange I know)
Відправлено: Aug 30 2015, 22:40
Цитата (Донни @ Aug 30 2015, 11:22)
well it's like a scientist plus a normal office worker using languages and math, sounds strange I know)

Dude who stares in the monitor, typing commands, using logical patterns, also sounds weird, is you describe it like this. But, hey! Guess what? It's called a developer.

So what is the title of your profession?
Відправлено: Aug 31 2015, 07:21
Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Aug 30 2015, 22:40)
Dude who stares in the monitor, typing commands, using logical patterns, also sounds weird, is you describe it like this. But, hey! Guess what? It's called a developer.

So what is the title of your profession?

My profession is a way more complicated and totally new in my country since it's hard to get a good place to work =P
well, I am a linguist studying robotechnics, cognitive science, psychology, and linguistics, of course. So it's a huge amount of multidisciplinary subjects. And I still don't know what kind of Master programm I am about to start...I mean the final qualification. Because there are too many possibilities.
Are you a developer? btw it's crucial nowadays to know not only technical things but also some social sciences - this is the huge plus.
Відправлено: Aug 31 2015, 09:48
Цитата (Донни @ Aug 31 2015, 07:21)
My profession is a way more complicated and totally new in my country since it's hard to get a good place to work =P
well, I am a linguist studying robotechnics, cognitive science, psychology, and linguistics, of course. So it's a huge amount of multidisciplinary subjects. And I still don't know what kind of Master programm I am about to start...I mean the final qualification. Because there are too many possibilities.
Are you a developer? btw it's crucial nowadays to know not only technical things but also some social sciences - this is the huge plus.

So you are unemployed?
Відправлено: Aug 31 2015, 10:49
Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Aug 18 2015, 21:55)
Цитата (Lietome @ Feb 4 2015, 23:25)
Programer

In normal world it's called developer.

Backend developer here.

In normal world a programmer is called like 'programmer' and a developer is called like 'developer'. You may be both and you may be either.

Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Aug 26 2015, 20:07)
Amm. Developing the backend, mostly? It's typing the code and checking Stackowerflow. Not so much to tell for normal people.

Having all these definite articles... You mean, you are developing The Backend, The One that Rules them all and its Code?

Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Aug 31 2015, 09:48)
So you are unemployed?

So he's obviously a student.
Відправлено: Aug 31 2015, 10:52
Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Aug 30 2015, 22:40)
Dude who stares in the monitor

+ screen
Відправлено: Aug 31 2015, 11:31
A project manager.
Some of devs compare this job with an annoying fly which spoils projects.
Anyway, I do my best to provide job for the developers in my company and make clients satisfied.
BTW as a student I am being well paid, so.
Відправлено: Aug 31 2015, 12:16
Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Aug 31 2015, 09:48)
So you are unemployed?

Цитата (RinaldoMiz @ Aug 31 2015, 10:49)
So he's obviously a student.

not only
this status allows me to work, and I DO work as a neuro-linguist, though it's just a beginning
you are too fast when making decisions
Відправлено: Aug 31 2015, 12:54
Цитата (Донни @ Aug 31 2015, 12:16)
not only
this status allows me to work, and I DO work as a neuro-linguist, though it's just a beginning
you are too fast when making decisions

That's 'cause you're too bad in explaining.
Відправлено: Aug 31 2015, 13:08
Сонная, actually they understood everything correctly. I just didn't tell the part that I am really working. Thanks.
Відправлено: Aug 31 2015, 13:13
You did not mention you work in a topic called 'What is your profession'?
GJ, man
Відправлено: Aug 31 2015, 14:04
I think we are able to discuss even the future profession here. At least it can be done as an experience exchange.
Відправлено: Aug 31 2015, 19:28
we're able cause we have hands&keyboards
Відправлено: Aug 31 2015, 20:38
it's not forbidden to talk about but as you wish.
Відправлено: Sep 1 2015, 03:20
Цитата (Донни @ Aug 31 2015, 07:21)

A linguist who studies robotechnics... That's new. It's really new, as my Opera browser does not even know the word "robotechnics" and tried to change it to "pyrotechnics". =)) Okay! I would really like to hear examples as to what you're doing. Ir what you expect to do after you complete your Master's degree. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Aug 31 2015, 09:48)
So you are unemployed?

Dude, that's not very polite. A bunch of people are unemployed, it's not the best question to ask.)
Цитата (Сонная @ Aug 31 2015, 11:31)
A project manager.
Some of devs compare this job with an annoying fly which spoils projects.
Anyway, I do my best to provide job for the developers in my company and make clients satisfied.
BTW as a student I am being well paid, so.

Sounds interesting. May I ask what kind of projects are you supervising?
Відправлено: Sep 1 2015, 08:22
Цитата
Dude, that's not very polite. A bunch of people are unemployed, it's not the best question to ask.)

What's wrong with that?
- Are you hungry?
- You, MOTHERFUCKER HOW DARE you ask me this question! So many people are hungry!

That's how your comment looks like.

Цитата
A linguist who studies robotechnics... That's new. It's really new, as my Opera browser does not even know the word "robotechnics" and tried to change it to "pyrotechnics". =))

Your "Opera" is totally right. There is no such a word in english. Although, there is Robotics

!  

I kindly ask not to use profanity going forward.
Thank you.

Відправлено: Sep 1 2015, 08:24
Цитата (закохана в Грифіндор @ Sep 1 2015, 03:20)
A linguist who studies robotechnics... That's new. It's really new, as my Opera browser does not even know the word "robotechnics" and tried to change it to "pyrotechnics". =)) Okay! I would really like to hear examples as to what you're doing. Ir what you expect to do after you complete your Master's degree. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

well recently I have been working as a project manager at university and had my practice in ABBYY. The main point was to analyze human cognitive abilities and the possibility of using it for implementing inside the machine system.

that's fine, nothing rude =)
Відправлено: Sep 1 2015, 11:07
Цитата (закохана в Грифіндор @ Sep 1 2015, 03:20)

Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Sep 1 2015, 08:22)
What's wrong with that?
- Are you hungry?
- You, MOTHERFUCKER HOW DARE you ask me this question! So many people are hungry!

That's how your comment looks like.

Excusez-moi, but you KEEP being rude. Didn't you name me 'a troll' (for no reason at the moment)? That's what you WERE just now, precisely.
Please calm down and take a breath.
Відправлено: Sep 1 2015, 11:10
Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Sep 1 2015, 08:22)
Your "Opera" is totally right. There is no such a word in english. Although, there is Robotics

Rejoice! The Guide had come!

user posted image
Відправлено: Sep 1 2015, 11:11
Цитата (Донни @ Sep 1 2015, 08:24)
that's fine, nothing rude =)

'it's okay' ;)
Відправлено: Sep 1 2015, 11:46
Sounds interesting. May I ask what kind of projects are you supervising?

We are totally devoted to web dev.
Відправлено: Sep 1 2015, 21:51
Цитата (RinaldoMiz @ Sep 1 2015, 11:10)
Rejoice! The Guide had come!

user posted image

Показати текст спойлеру

Doesn't mean that this word exists.

Цитата (RinaldoMiz @ Sep 1 2015, 11:07)
Excusez-moi, but you KEEP being rude. Didn't you name me 'a troll' (for no reason at the moment)? That's what you WERE just now, precisely.
Please calm down and take a breath.

Exactly, in this post i was rude. In the previous one, nope, not really.
Відправлено: Sep 1 2015, 22:22
Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Sep 1 2015, 21:51)
Doesn't mean that this word exists.

You don't know of Multitran? Pity. Though it doesn't matter for you're obviously just an overconfident student.

Just a little advice. Try not to liken Google translate to Multitran when you see any experienced people around.
I myself don't even care that you tried to compare what is totally different. Off you go.

Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Sep 1 2015, 21:51)
Exactly, in this post i was rude. In the previous one, nope, not really.

Okay then, but others believe you were.
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 03:07
guys can we talk about professions of people?
we understood that between both of you one is a perfect match for another one so thanks for being so helpful with words and meanings.

considering the topic: my profession doesn't even exist in Russia, for example -( or it does but in a modified way.
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 06:12
Цитата (Донни @ Sep 2 2015, 03:07)
guys can we talk about professions of people?
we understood that between both of you one is a perfect match for another one so thanks for being so helpful with words and meanings.

considering the topic: my profession doesn't even exist in Russia, for example -( or it does but in a modified way.

Omg, there was, there is and there will be off-top everywhere. Pls stop disturb ppl from a chat. Ty
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 07:26
Цитата (Сонная @ Sep 2 2015, 06:12)
Omg, there was, there is and there will be off-top everywhere. Pls stop disturb ppl from a chat. Ty

it's ok when it's normal and constructive. I just want to have a normal chat, not the one you protect, girlbye.
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 08:55

Sure, there are no robots anywhere in Russia. Wait, I mean~ There was one made of boxing...
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 08:58
Цитата (Донни @ Sep 2 2015, 07:26)
it's ok when it's normal and constructive. I just want to have a normal chat, not the one you protect, girlbye.

This chat were meant to be constructive, it was only Santjaga not flet's fault to start trolling someone
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 09:30

tell us more, please.

And to tell the truth, it's obvious, guys. It's just a fight between two trolls, that's it. You're just feeding 'em.
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 11:37
Цитата (RinaldoMiz @ Sep 2 2015, 08:55)
There was one made of boxing...

lol)
I know a guy who has earned around 1 million rubles just for his electronic development: a robot that can generally sell food. Its mechanism is active for half a year and it does exist in my own city, but the robot itself is funny because its speech does not even sound like a speech of a child - it's a way worse, too electronic and a little bit stupid. I don't know why one has paid for this not really useful thing xoxo) but that's how Russians do plenty of things, funny)

Actually our investigations are quite impressive though everything is based on 70s studies from American scientists and German ones. But these days it's becoming stronger. Every year country needs at least 5 new linguist-developers-scientists but there are like 15 skilled students in the whole country. This is why people are going abroad in order to find a well-paid job, a good profession- so did I. Hope it will get better once in Russia, eh...
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 12:44
Цитата (RinaldoMiz @ Sep 1 2015, 22:22)
You don't know of Multitran? Pity. Though it doesn't matter for you're obviously just an overconfident student.

Just a little advice. Try not to liken Google translate to Multitran when you see any experienced people around.
I myself don't even care that you tried to compare what is totally different. Off you go.

Yep, sure. Some underground piece of shit- website with filthy UI compared to google service with thousand volunteers, working on their service. Lol, ok :D
Try telling this word to a native speaker, you will be amazed.
Цитата (RinaldoMiz @ Sep 1 2015, 22:22)
Okay then, but others believe you were.

I prefer listening the common sense rather then "others"
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 13:31
Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Sep 2 2015, 12:44)
Yep, sure. Some underground piece of shit- website with filthy UI compared to google service with thousand volunteers, working on their service. Lol, ok
Try telling this word to a native speaker, you will be amazed.

This service exists for years and it didn't change its shape for long. Though it doesn't affect its power.
Okay.

Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Sep 2 2015, 12:44)
I prefer listening the common sense rather then "others"

Don't you think that 'common sense' is equal to what 'the others' think? =drag=
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 14:03

Цитата (RinaldoMiz @ Sep 2 2015, 13:31)
Don't you think that 'common sense' is equal to what 'the others' think? =drag=

Although that wasn't exactly what i meant, you get the point here :D
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 14:41
Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Sep 2 2015, 12:44)
Yep, sure. Some underground piece of shit- website with filthy UI compared to google service with thousand volunteers, working on their service. Lol, ok :D.

I wouldn't say that this service is really good but at least it's been developed.
Human factor, mistakes - all the volunteers: it's not a thing that proves its quality, there is another thing: possibility of changing and modifying words and meanings, this is the only one plus of google translate for now. It's different from stable dictionaries like Multitran. You don't even have to compare them. Because Google Translate is based on machine learning processes while Multitran is like a paper dictionary.
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 14:41
I'm tired a little of yo, so let's be clear and finish this discussion about 'robotics' or 'robotechnics'.

1) Yes, 'robotechnics' DOES NOT exist in English. Native speakers have never heard of this word (not all of them, you will see later why). You can check it by yourself, you don't have to be a linguist for it. Check any English-English dictionary.

2) BUT if you are not a snob and you prefer to know more about this world you have to learn and know that there are specific words in every field of science. Every country is concentrated on studies inside itself, so the word 'robotechnics' must be an equivalent to 'robotics' - this word is used only in Russian tradition in computational linguistics and some more traditions from countries around. And it DOES NOT mean that it's wrong to use this word - I have even asked a lot of my friends-linguists from foreign countries (including GB) and everyone agreed it's a scientific word that is really specific and they heard about this particular word.

3) Conclusion: the outcome of my research: there are no right or wrong interpretations, there are just different people who might know about this particular word or who might be not really aware of what does it mean. It does not mean that someone is stupid - everyone lives his own life and uses words he used to have in his vocabulary. It's not necessary to learn what does 'robotechnics' mean but you have to analyze everything correctly, without simple conclusions.

Thanks.
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 14:46
And please stop being so confident like everyone here knows everything - English doesn't belong to any country anymore: international language.
And there are a lot of ways inside this language that help scientists and people to communicate properly. Nothing bad in having both 'robotics' and 'robotechnics' if it helps knowledge transfer, for example.
Відправлено: Sep 5 2015, 18:30
Unfortunately, now I'm a teacher, but I still hope to change it in future.
It can be hopeless, maybe, but still...
Відправлено: Sep 17 2015, 03:06
Цитата (Nancy Black @ Sep 5 2015, 18:30)
Unfortunately, now I'm a teacher, but I still hope to change it in future.

You can be a tutor... As long as no one knows.
Відправлено: Sep 17 2015, 16:22
Цитата (закохана в Грифіндор @ Sep 17 2015, 03:06)
You can be a tutor... As long as no one knows.

We never know what can happen in our future. We can only hope)
Відправлено: Oct 30 2015, 04:33
Цитата (Nancy Black @ Sep 17 2015, 16:22)
We never know what can happen in our future. We can only hope)

That's true.

Відправлено: Nov 8 2015, 14:20
закохана в Грифіндор, and which profession was your dream one in childhood?
Відправлено: Nov 11 2015, 15:05
Nancy Black, I wanted to be a writer. Like a lot of us, I suppose. :crazy:
Відправлено: Nov 13 2015, 15:29
закохана в Грифіндор, oh, yes. And did you do anything to make your dream come true?
Відправлено: Nov 14 2015, 21:11
Nancy Black, I tried to write something numerous times, but failed miserably every time. In my defense, I was 6 years old. =cheesy= And then I found this website and now I'm annoying everyone with my extra long messages all the time!
Відправлено: Nov 15 2015, 08:50
закохана в Грифіндор, oh, I have always been wondering why your messages are so huge. And finally, I understand. :lol:
Відправлено: Dec 7 2015, 00:25
Nancy Black, yes, that's my attempt to compensate my childhood efforts to become a writer, lol.
Відправлено: Dec 7 2015, 15:30
закохана в Грифіндор, you can be our winner in Gryffindor, always)
Відправлено: Dec 7 2015, 23:48
закохана в Грифіндор, dear, your messages do not annoy! =)

Regarding the topic: planning to work as a tutor for one of the subjects (Foundations of Math Logic). Have to see what it will lead to :)
Відправлено: Dec 8 2015, 16:49
Донни, can you tell me, what is so interesting in it? It sounds horrible for me.
Відправлено: Dec 8 2015, 22:33
Nancy Black, well, I have always been in love with math and possibility of being paid for doing things I adore I am not going to miss =) also it gives me a lot of experience and it's convenient since it's controlled by the university and everything is quite fair.
Відправлено: Dec 27 2015, 16:26
I'm going to study English movies and then write reviews in English, Russian, Chinese, Italian and Spanish
Відправлено: Apr 19 2019, 20:58
I want to work in lawer or geograph)
(I think adove them)
Відправлено: May 8 2020, 21:39
Well, no matter how hard I tried to run away from it, I ended up being a teacher. It's actually a lot of fun (usually).
But my friend still makes fun of me about this =girl_crazy=
Відправлено: Aug 11 2020, 13:41
I'm going to become a biotechnologist in the future. It's quite an interesting profession (for me at list). And no one of my family understands what's it about)
Відправлено: Aug 18 2020, 17:04
Astunass, me neither))

I want to become a historian.
0 Користувачів переглядають дану тему ( Гостей і Прихованих Користувачів)
Користувачів:

Сторінки: (15)  [#] 1 2 3 ... Остання ». Нова тема

[ Script Execution time: 0.1940 ]   [ 158 queries used ]   [ GZIP ввімкнено ]   [ Time: 07:05:19, 24 Apr 2024 ]

Рейтинг Ролевых Ресурсов - RPG TOP