Модератори:

Сторінки: (15)  # « Перша ... 11 12 [13] 14 15  ( Перейти до першого непрочитаного повідомлення ) Нова тема

What is your profession?

, at least future one.
Forsaken Hermit
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 08:58
cute but toxic
Чудотворець IV
Вигляд: Animagus Dormiens Draco
Група: Користувачі
Користувач №: 29043

Цитата (Донни @ Sep 2 2015, 07:26)
it's ok when it's normal and constructive. I just want to have a normal chat, not the one you protect, girlbye.

This chat were meant to be constructive, it was only Santjaga not flet's fault to start trolling someone
^
Guffy
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 09:30

Ибо мир полый, и я коснулся неба
Стать:
Чародій X
Вигляд: --
Користувач №: 55331

Цитата (Донни @ Sep 2 2015, 03:07)
considering the topic: my profession doesn't even exist in Russia, for example -( or it does but in a modified way.

tell us more, please.

And to tell the truth, it's obvious, guys. It's just a fight between two trolls, that's it. You're just feeding 'em.
^
Фей Крёстный
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 11:37

европейские штучки
Стать:
Великий чарівник VIII
Користувач №: 87808

Цитата (RinaldoMiz @ Sep 2 2015, 08:55)
There was one made of boxing...

lol)
I know a guy who has earned around 1 million rubles just for his electronic development: a robot that can generally sell food. Its mechanism is active for half a year and it does exist in my own city, but the robot itself is funny because its speech does not even sound like a speech of a child - it's a way worse, too electronic and a little bit stupid. I don't know why one has paid for this not really useful thing xoxo) but that's how Russians do plenty of things, funny)

Actually our investigations are quite impressive though everything is based on 70s studies from American scientists and German ones. But these days it's becoming stronger. Every year country needs at least 5 new linguist-developers-scientists but there are like 15 skilled students in the whole country. This is why people are going abroad in order to find a well-paid job, a good profession- so did I. Hope it will get better once in Russia, eh...
^
Santjaga not flet
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 12:44

Addicted to bitches.
Великий чарівник VI
Користувач №: 28834

Цитата (RinaldoMiz @ Sep 1 2015, 22:22)
You don't know of Multitran? Pity. Though it doesn't matter for you're obviously just an overconfident student.

Just a little advice. Try not to liken Google translate to Multitran when you see any experienced people around.
I myself don't even care that you tried to compare what is totally different. Off you go.

Yep, sure. Some underground piece of shit- website with filthy UI compared to google service with thousand volunteers, working on their service. Lol, ok :D
Try telling this word to a native speaker, you will be amazed.
Цитата (RinaldoMiz @ Sep 1 2015, 22:22)
Okay then, but others believe you were.

I prefer listening the common sense rather then "others"
^
Forsaken Hermit
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 13:31
cute but toxic
Чудотворець IV
Вигляд: Animagus Dormiens Draco
Користувач №: 29043

Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Sep 2 2015, 12:44)
Yep, sure. Some underground piece of shit- website with filthy UI compared to google service with thousand volunteers, working on their service. Lol, ok
Try telling this word to a native speaker, you will be amazed.

This service exists for years and it didn't change its shape for long. Though it doesn't affect its power.
Okay.

Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Sep 2 2015, 12:44)
I prefer listening the common sense rather then "others"

Don't you think that 'common sense' is equal to what 'the others' think? =drag=
^
Santjaga not flet
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 14:03

Addicted to bitches.
Великий чарівник VI
Користувач №: 28834

Цитата (RinaldoMiz @ Sep 2 2015, 13:31)
Don't you think that 'common sense' is equal to what 'the others' think? =drag=

Although that wasn't exactly what i meant, you get the point here :D
^
Фей Крёстный
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 14:41

европейские штучки
Стать:
Великий чарівник VIII

Цитата (Santjaga not flet @ Sep 2 2015, 12:44)
Yep, sure. Some underground piece of shit- website with filthy UI compared to google service with thousand volunteers, working on their service. Lol, ok :D.

I wouldn't say that this service is really good but at least it's been developed.
Human factor, mistakes - all the volunteers: it's not a thing that proves its quality, there is another thing: possibility of changing and modifying words and meanings, this is the only one plus of google translate for now. It's different from stable dictionaries like Multitran. You don't even have to compare them. Because Google Translate is based on machine learning processes while Multitran is like a paper dictionary.
^
Фей Крёстный
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 14:41

европейские штучки
Стать:
Великий чарівник VIII

I'm tired a little of yo, so let's be clear and finish this discussion about 'robotics' or 'robotechnics'.

1) Yes, 'robotechnics' DOES NOT exist in English. Native speakers have never heard of this word (not all of them, you will see later why). You can check it by yourself, you don't have to be a linguist for it. Check any English-English dictionary.

2) BUT if you are not a snob and you prefer to know more about this world you have to learn and know that there are specific words in every field of science. Every country is concentrated on studies inside itself, so the word 'robotechnics' must be an equivalent to 'robotics' - this word is used only in Russian tradition in computational linguistics and some more traditions from countries around. And it DOES NOT mean that it's wrong to use this word - I have even asked a lot of my friends-linguists from foreign countries (including GB) and everyone agreed it's a scientific word that is really specific and they heard about this particular word.

3) Conclusion: the outcome of my research: there are no right or wrong interpretations, there are just different people who might know about this particular word or who might be not really aware of what does it mean. It does not mean that someone is stupid - everyone lives his own life and uses words he used to have in his vocabulary. It's not necessary to learn what does 'robotechnics' mean but you have to analyze everything correctly, without simple conclusions.

Thanks.
^
Фей Крёстный
Відправлено: Sep 2 2015, 14:46

европейские штучки
Стать:
Великий чарівник VIII

And please stop being so confident like everyone here knows everything - English doesn't belong to any country anymore: international language.
And there are a lot of ways inside this language that help scientists and people to communicate properly. Nothing bad in having both 'robotics' and 'robotechnics' if it helps knowledge transfer, for example.
^
Nancy Black
Відправлено: Sep 5 2015, 18:30

Гуру
Стать:
Великий чарівник XI
Вигляд: Animagus Thunderbird
Користувач №: 36960

Unfortunately, now I'm a teacher, but I still hope to change it in future.
It can be hopeless, maybe, but still...
^
0 Користувачів переглядають дану тему ( Гостей і Прихованих Користувачів)
Користувачів:

Сторінки: (15)  # « Перша ... 11 12 [13] 14 15  Нова тема

[ Script Execution time: 0.0711 ]   [ 24 queries used ]   [ GZIP ввімкнено ]   [ Time: 01:59:57, 02 May 2024 ]

Рейтинг Ролевых Ресурсов - RPG TOP